Retirement Planning and Strategies
Retirement brings along with it many concerns and questions. We often hear people ask us:
- When can I retire?
- Will I outlive my money?
- Will I be able to keep up with inflation?
- What about escalating medical and long-term care costs?
- When should I take Social Security or my pension?
- What if we see a drop in the market like 2008?
- How do I produce retirement income from my portfolio?
- How much should I take out of my portfolio each year?
The Retirement Planning and Strategies service is designed to answer those questions. We perform an in-depth review of your Financial Goals (retirement planning, education funding, etc.), Investment Portfolio, and Cash & Debt Management to build your financial plan. It includes:
Goal Setting & Retirement Design and Funding
- Defining goals and lifestyle
- Retirement analysis and "what if" scenarios
- Strategies for lifetime retirement income
- Various plan testing: Cash Flow, Monte Carlo Probability Analysis, Stress Testing, and Withdrawal Rate Sustainability
Asset Accumulation & Management Strategies
- Net worth growth
- Investment asset allocation
- Portfolio design and implementation
- Investment selection
- Management of ongoing savings or withdrawals
- Tax management
This service usually consists of three meetings.
- Preparation: discuss and clarify your concerns and financial goals, gather the required documents for our analysis
- Planning: interactive planning session to review and test various "what if" scenarios, review investment portfolio, and discuss several retirement income strategies
- Presentation: present our Recommended Action Checklist which provides specific written recommendations and details out what needs to be completed and when, answer questions
Follow-up is also included with this service. You may contact us up to 30 days past the Presentation meeting with questions or implementation assistance.
Ongoing clients (Investment Management clients) may contact us anytime for assistance or questions. Ongoing clients also receive a Progress Review meeting about 2-3 months out at no charge. This meeting is used to review your progress and make any necessary adjustments.
Plan Updates: Over time, life and situations change. You may get a new job, become a grandparent, or decide to move to a different state. It is important to update your financial plan to account for your new life plan. We recommend that you update your plan whenever a major life event occurs, but at least annually. Plan Update meetings can either be conducted in-person or via a web conference. They usually take between 2-3 hours depending on your situation. They are charged at an hourly rate.
Many times, traditional brokerage firms will provide a "free" financial plan and then recommend the purchase of commission-based mutual funds or annuities to "pay" for their time. We can provide better objective advice for less than the traditional brokers. For example, the cost of the Retirement Planning and Strategies service will probably be less than the sales charge (commission) you would pay on a $20,000 investment into a load mutual fund.
The full cost can also be applied towards a Comprehensive Financial Review within 30 days of the service.
Once you decide to work with us, we will set up the Preparation Meeting and explain what documents we need for your review. At the Preparation Meeting, please deliver all requested documents, a check for the full amount of the fee (unless agreed upon otherwise), and be ready to discuss your concerns and goals in the chosen areas. The Planning Meeting (interactive financial planning session) will be scheduled for approximately 7-12 business days later. This meeting usually runs about 2-2.5 hours, so please plan accordingly. This meeting may be broken up into two meetings if necessary. The final meeting (Presentation) will be scheduled for approximately 7-12 business days after the Planning Meeting is complete.